- This event has passed.
ASCE Norfolk Branch Technical Seminar
April 4 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), the Structural Engineering Institute (SEI) and the
Virginia Floodplain Management Association (VFMA) are holding a joint technical seminar and
panel discussion on Tuesday, April 4, 2023. We are excited to have sessions diving deeper
into the Six Facets of Resiliency:
- “Integrating the six facets of resiliency for holistic responses to our changing environment” presented by Brian Batten, PhD, CFM, Dewberry
- “Virginia Coastal Resilience Master Plan Phase 1 & Phase 2” presented by Matt Dalon, PE, CFM, Virginia DCR
- “Regional Collaboration for Resilience in Hampton Roads” presented by Ben McFarlane, AICP, CFM, HRPDC
- “Lessons learned from updating a stormwater master plan” presented by C.J. Bodnar, PE, City of Virginia Beach
- “Norfolk CSRM: Engineering Efforts of the Non-Federal Sponsor” presented by Kyle Spencer, GISP, CFM, City of Norfolk
- “Floodplain Management, Policy, and Planning: Contributors to Community Resiliency” presented by Chad M. Berginnis, CFM, Executive Director of ASFPM
The program will consist of six sessions with various speakers and a dynamic and engaging
panel discussion led by industry leader and long-time Hampton Roads engineering leader,
Michael Barbachem, P.E.
$125 Non-members; $85 members; $40 Students
PDHs and CFM continuing education credits will be provided.